Sunday 23 November 2008

Suffer Not...




The mark of a successful artist is challenging preconceptions, so when it comes to me there are oh-so-many failures. This one managed it, though. What I had anticipated my reaction being was "Look at the expectations forced upon children by our twisted culture". What I found them being was: "Look at these children pursuing their desires".

What I fail to grasp is how the conclusion which most would draw from this, that this somehow is much better than the former observation, is in any way true. Binary based society has twisted young minds into imaginging that they should limit themselves along lines supportive of a nonsense system of sorting them into their places and identities. And now this is all that they covet, this is all that they can covert.

In a world under binary these children are the ultimate successes.

No comments: